Week 4

Hi everyone! I was able to meet up with Josh and we came up with my research project. I'll be surrounding my research based on the different types of soaps and handwashing techniques used and through testing of hand/fingernail cleanliness and looking at gram stains of swabs from each person's (under) nail or in between fingers, which type of soap and handwashing techniques proves to be the most effective at eliminating as much bacteria as possible. My hypothesis is, if the scrubbing hand washing technique combined with a gel soap is utilized, then the amount of bacteria discovered on the hands will be less than using a foaming soap combined with 20 seconds of handwashing. I’ll be beginning my research in the lab tomorrow so for now, here is a picture of these dogs I saw at a lunar new year celebration.

Happy Lunar New Year everyone!



Comments

Popular Posts