Week 2

 Hi everyone!

I hope everybody is doing well with their classes and research! For me, this week was mainly focused on reading over and reviewing the resources Josh sent about handwashing related to culture creation and colony data collection. I’m still in the process of creating a plan on how to perform the experimentation for this semester. I’m unsure if I want to continue using the same types of soaps from last semester and build upon my data with the culturing aspect or if I should focus on the highest ranking soap and artificially contaminate the hands with a bacterial organism instead of basing the data on normal flora. I've attached a screenshot below (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3037063/) from one of the links Josh sent containing information about fecal bacteria and how effective different ways of handwashing are able to rid of them. I thought it was interesting and disgusting!



Comments

Popular Posts